Find Out How Many Beers In A Keg So Your Party Doesn’t Run Dry!
If you’ve ever hosted a party or event that involved serving beer, you’ve probably wondered how many beers are in a keg. The answer can vary depending on the size of the keg, the type of beer, and the serving size, but we’ve got the details to help you confidently plan your next party.
HOW MANY BEERS IN A KEG?
- 1/2 barrel = 15.5 gallons = 124 pints = 165 12oz cups – (Full-Size Keg)
- 1/4 barrel = 7.75 gallons = 62 pints = 83 12oz cups (Pony-Keg)
- 1/6 barrel (20 Ltr) = 5.2 gallons = 41 pints = 55 12oz cups (Sixtel)
- 50 Liter = 13.2 gallons = 105 pints = 140 12oz cups
- 30 liter = 8.1 gallons = 64 pints = 86 12oz cups
The type of beer you’re serving can also affect how many beers in a keg. Beers with higher alcohol content, such as IPAs or stouts, may be served in smaller quantities than lighter beers like lagers or pilsners.
BEER SERVING SIZE
Your serving size will also affect how many servings you can get from a keg. A serving size for beer is 12 ounces, but some people may choose to serve larger or smaller sizes, and factors such as foam and spillage can affect the actual number of servings you get from a keg.
RELATED: DON JULIO 1942 SURPRISING FACTS
Follow Useless Knowledge on Instagram for more amazing facts.
Do you have a Useless Knowledge Question you’d like us to answer? If so, let us know by emailing us at [email protected].